City Code § 154.171 SPECIAL USE PERMITS
(1) shall be consistent with the intent and purpose of this chapter ... ,
(2) shall be designed, constructed and maintained in a manner which reflects or enhances the character of the surrounding neighborhood ... ,
(4) shall not interfere with the general enjoyment of the surrounding area,
(6) shall not be hazardous to the adjacent property, or involve uses, activities, materials or equipment which will be detrimental to the health, safety, or welfare of persons or property ... .
Beyond conformity with published standards and requirements, Special Use requires:
(3) Applicant shall demonstrate how the exterior structure is compatible with the surrounding area ... and how the use is compatible with surrounding land uses,
(5) The applicant shall indicate how the special use will not have an adverse impact on the surrounding neighborhood ... ,
(7) The special use shall be adequately served by the existing capacity of essential public facilities and services ... .